Qioptiq Announces New Rodenstock eShutter 250 for High-End Photography
Electronic Shutter Solution Guarantees High Precision for
Demanding Photography Applications
WALTHAM, Mass., September 11, 2018 – Qioptiq, an Excelitas Technologies® Company and global technology leader in delivering innovative optical and photonic solutions, introduces Rodenstock eShutter 250, an innovative electronic shutter solution that sets new standards in modern high-end photography. The eShutter 250 solution guarantees the highest precision when working with a large format camera, particularly while using longer exposure times, performing bracketing sequences and taking pictures at difficult camera positions. It is ideal for professional photography applications including landscape, architecture and studio (portrait, fashion and still life) reprography.
Featuring integrated microprocessor controls, the Rodenstock eShutter 250 provides fast shutter speeds up to 1/250 second, as well as nearly circular aperture openings. Its compact and lightweight construction also utilizes state-of-the-art components and electronics to enable assembly on different camera platforms. Product features include:
- Exposure times of 1/250 second to 128 seconds with aperture increments of 1/6 f-stops, enabled by a microprocessor-controlled electronic shutter, to deliver the highest precision for setting shutter speed and aperture.
- Circular aperture opening featuring 7-blade technology to enable smooth, circular aperture shapes.
- Wake-up signal, bracketing and HDR for simplified workflow with precision.
- Compact and lightweight construction with a shutter size of 0 to allow assembly to different camera platforms, unrestricted conversion of existing lenses to a shutter size of 0 and the use of a wide range of digital backs.
- Easy operation and control enables stand-alone via Sinar eControl (highest mobility), as well as computer Mac/PC, iPhone, iPod touch, iPad or Android device compatibility.
“Rodenstock digital lenses and solutions meet the highest quality demands of modern digital backs for professional digital cameras,” said Hans Birzer, Sales Manager at Qioptiq. “Made in Germany, our new HR Rodenstock eShutter 250 ensures the highest quality for the most demanding high-end photography applications – making it an ideal addition to our popular Rodenstock photography product line.”
About Excelitas Technologies
Excelitas Technologies Corp. is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the lighting, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. From biomedical technology to research laboratory, safety and security, consumer products, semiconductor, energy and environment, industrial sensing & imaging, defense and aerospace, Excelitas Technologies is committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Excelitas Technologies acquired Qioptiq in 2013 and now has approximately 6,000 employees in North America, Europe and Asia, serving customers across the world.
Connect with Excelitas on
Qioptiq designs and manufactures photonic products and solutions that serve a wide range of markets and applications in the areas of medical and life sciences, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace, and research and development. Qioptiq benefits from having integrated the knowledge and experience of Avimo, Gsänger, LINOS, Optem, Pilkington, Point Source, Rodenstock, Spindler & Hoyer and others. Connect with Qioptiq on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Visit http://www.excelitas.com and http://www.qioptiq.com for more information.
Excelitas® is a registered trademark of Excelitas Technologies Corp.
Senior Director of Corporate Marketing, Excelitas Technologies Corp.
Cheryl Reynhout or Jill Anderson
On Behalf of Excelitas Technologies Corp.
SVM Public Relations