Geschlechtsspezifische Lohnunterschiede im Vereinigten Königreich 2020 – Qioptiq Limited
At Qioptiq we are committed to reducing the gender pay gap. Not only is it the right thing to do, but research suggests that a more diverse and inclusive workforce helps businesses bring in new skills, offers greater creativity and innovation and can lead to improved decision-making. It can also make for greater employee satisfaction and staff retention.
Qioptiq has only one legal entity in England, Wales or Scotland which meets the criteria for mandatory publication set out in the gender pay gap regulations, and accordingly that legal entity, Qioptiq Limited, is required by law to publish an annual gender pay gap report. Dieser Bericht zeigt die Unterschiede hinsichtlich des durchschnittlichen Verdiensts von Frauen und Männern, die bei Qioptiq Limited beschäftigt sind, aufgeschlüsselt nach einer Reihe von Messgrößen.
WAS SIND DIE ZUGRUNDE LIEGENDEN URSACHEN FÜR DIE GESCHLECHTSSPEZIFISCHEN LOHNUNTERSCHIEDE BEI QIOPTIQ LIMITED?
Qioptiq Limited, and its parent Company Excelitas Technologies, are committed to the principle of equal opportunities and equal treatment for all employees regardless of gender, race, religion or belief, age, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/ maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or disability.
Dies wird durch die Richtlinien von Qioptiq Limited für Gleichberechtigung und Würde am Arbeitsplatz sowie durch den Global Standard of Business Conduct (Globale Leitlinien der Unternehmensführung) von Excelitas Technologies belegt, der eine klare Richtlinie zur gleichen Bezahlung von Mitarbeitern für gleiche oder gleichwertige Arbeit unabhängig von ihrem Geschlecht (oder einem anderen geschützten Merkmal, wie oben dargelegt) enthält.
Qioptiq Limited is therefore confident that its gender pay gap does not arise from paying men and women differently for the same or equivalent work. Rather its gender pay gap is the result of the interplay of many factors including the roles in which men and women undertake within the organisation and the salaries these roles attract. Societal changes also take time to impact gender pay and in this respect the gender pay gap is a reflection of the past rather than current practices, attitudes and beliefs.
WHAT ARE WE DOING TO ADDRESS THE GAP
Our commitment to promoting gender diversity in all areas of our company is already in progress. Insoweit:
- Partner with local secondary schools and colleges to raise the profile of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) subjects, and to encourage apprenticeships, and partnering with universities to encourage internships and graduates.
- Support flexible working on site at all levels, in accordance with the Flexible Working Regulations 2014.
- Support employees of both genders with parental responsibilities prior to, during and on return from maternity and other parental leave.
- Utilize a leading job evaluation system to support a well-structured compensation system with clearly defined pay grades.
- Stellen wir sicher, dass faire und nichtdiskriminierende Verfahren und Praktiken bei der Einstellung, Einarbeitung, Schulung und Beförderung von Mitarbeitern angewandt werden.
- Continue to support the Women in Aviation and Aerospace Charter and will work towards improving opportunities for women in this sector.
- Drive a Women in Leadership Programme within Excelitas which has Executive support.
More broadly, the Company is committed to global diversity and inclusion initiatives with specific emphasis on gender. To that end, there are a number of embedded gender positive initiatives active in the Company, such as the ''UK Professional Women's Network Employee Resource Group", where high potential female employees across all skill pools are mentored by senior female leaders to provide sponsorship and support.
This is our annual gender pay gap report for the snapshot date of 5 April 2020.
- Our mean gender pay gap is 14.2%.
- Our median gender pay gap is 12.6%.
- Our mean gender bonus gap is 56.4%.
- Our median gender bonus gap is 46.25%.
- The proportion of male employees receiving a bonus is 7.26% and the proportion of female employees receiving a bonus is 4%.
Pay Quartiles by Gender
This table shows our workforce divided into four equal sized groups based on hourly pay. Band A includes the lowest paid 25% of employees (the lower quartile) and Band D includes the highest paid 25% (the upper quartile).
|A||26,6||73,4||Includes all employees whose standard hourly rate places them at or below the lower quartile|
|B||17,9||82,1||Includes all employees whose standard hourly rate places them above the lower quartile but at or below the median|
|C||10,5||89,5||Includes all employees whose standard hourly rate places them above the median but at or below the upper quartile|
|D||7,5||92,5||Includes all employees whose standard hourly rate places them above the upper quartile|
ÄNDERUNGEN SEIT DEM LETZTEN JAHR
Changes over the twelve month period were small and made mixed reading, as might be expected over such a short duration. A global bonus was payable in the previous period to all eligible employees under a Profit Share Plan which did not achieve target in this period, which alters the bonus results significantly.
We are confident that on-going practices will help to reduce the gender pay gap, but that these will only be productive if sustained over a longer term.
Ich bestätige, dass unsere Daten in diesem Bericht korrekt sind und gemäß den Anforderungen des Gleichstellungsgesetzes von 2010 bzw. der Gender Pay Gap Information (Auskunft über geschlechtsspezifische Lohnunterschiede) von 2017 berechnet wurden.
Managing Director & VP Land Equipment, Qioptiq Limited