MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are seeking an Electronics Designer who will be responsible for system and board level design for advanced light delivery systems used in high power illumination applications. The individual in this role will work in a cross functional product development team to design and prototype electrical systems as well as analyze and test design concepts using simulation and electrical measurement tools. The scope of daily responsibilities covers the full product development life cycle, including feasibility study, prototype, design, development, system integration, production release, and manufacturing support. The Electronics Designer will also be responsible for ensuring that the electrical design meets industry standards and customer expectations for reliability and performance.
- Accountable for completion of product development activities to meet design, budget, and schedule requirements. The final product needs to be cost effective to manufacture and compliant to industry standards.
- Responsible for detailed hardware design, testing, verification and cost estimation. Work in close collaboration with the software development team to ensure smooth integration of hardware and software functionality.
- Develop schematics and PCB layouts with Altium Designer EDA tool for automatic control, digital/analog mixed-signal, sensor circuit and high current power supply.
- Perform circuit simulations with EDA tools to represent real product as close as possible for modular creation, signal condition setup, hardware platform customization, performance improvement and uncover design errors.
- Execute testing and troubleshooting procedures for prototype units to provide effective solution to improvement system performance to the final product.
- Develop necessary test equipment to test engineering designs system with consideration of potential evolving into manufacturing test platform.
- Ensure product designs meet industrial and laboratory ESD, EMC, CE, UL and low voltage/safety compliance regulations.
- Keep updated with the latest information in the field of new device components, improved techniques, technology developments and theory researches, which may be applicable to next generation product design.
- Prepare documentation for functional specifications, operational procedures, design details, test plans, verification reports, manufacture releasing and bill of materials.
- Involve in new technology research activities for feasibility studies in order to provide proposal to create new product specifications and system requirements.
- Provide technical support to other development teams, manufacturing and customer service in a timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with internal team members as well as external vendors and contractors.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years of experience in electronics design, schematics, simulation, PCB layout, modeling, prototyping and test of electrical systems for new products.
- Post-secondary education from recognized University with major in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Experienced in electronic system and subsystem design and test, systems analysis.
- Thorough understanding of the circuit board layout with regards to mixed signal and high power signal integrity, noise and emissions reduction.
- Knowledge of PCB, DFM, DFT rules and IPC specifications.
- Proficiency in the use of electrical design and modeling software (Altium).
- Team player with the ability to work in a faced-paced multi-disciplined product development environment.
- Details focused with excellent problem solving skills in order to resolve complex technical issues and ability to design for reliability.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Willing to accept a wide variety of work assignments supporting end-to end process of capturing, designing, developing, testing, manufacturing, and life-cycle support of products.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and activities.
- Experience working in an ISO9001, 14001, 13485 certified, and/or FDA QSR compliant environment is an asset.