Quality Inspector (6 Month Contract)
MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are seeking a Quality Inspector, who will be responsible for inspecting incoming and line fall out parts, and report non-conforming products.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Complete receiving inspection on incoming components and related documentation.
- Measure and test parts and products to verify conformance to drawings and/or specifications
and record inspection findings.
- Segregate nonconforming parts and products.
- Responsible for the physical control of nonconforming parts & products.
- Process parts in ERP system.
- Issue quality reports for non-conforming products where applicable including fall-out
- Participate in supplier quality performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Initiate corrective action reports for defective parts or products.
- Coordinate to receive missing information from suppliers.
- Follow all ISO (9001, 13485) and regulatory (FDA QSR) related procedures.
- Report deficiencies with documentation and processes, and suggest improvements.
- Assist Quality Department and/or Production personnel in analyzing quality problems.
- Follow safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- 3 years’ experience in quality control inspection (incoming, in-process, and outgoing) in a
- Post-secondary education (from a recognized educational institution) in Electronics, Mechanical,
or Industrial Engineering.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work within computerized environments such as ERP and PLM.
- Ability to use test and measuring equipment such as: power supplies, multimeters, calipers,
micrometers, pin gages, microscopes, etc.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret dimensions as found on mechanical drawings.
- Ability to use CMM and optical inspection equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of GD&T preferred.
- Understanding of SPC preferred.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills for report writing, documentation etc.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 13485, and FDA QSR compliant environment
- Ability to travel for business purposes.