Senior Product Manager
MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are seeking for a Sr. Product Manager who is responsible for all new product development, life cycles, marketing, forecasting, budgeting and P&L of products related to the Biomed OEM product lines. This position will work closely with the regional and corporate Sales and Marketing teams and R&D teams to ensure process and procedures are maintained to deliver products and materials in a consistent style, with quality representative of the X-Cite brand.
Major Duties & Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate technology excellence combined with market application knowledge and effective interpersonal skills.
- Provide required technical support to channel partner sales training initiatives, including the development and delivery of channel and sales training globally (in person or through web-training tools).
- Collaborate with Sales, customers and R&D to write preliminary, revised and final proposals, quotes and commercial specifications.
- Provide application support and development of products for integrator/OEM customers as required to ensure customer service levels are satisfactory.
- As required, initiate and support activities related to engineering change orders (ECO’s), SR (special requirements), manual upgrades and product upgrades.
- Knowledge of LDGI’s life sciences products and relevant technologies as well as comparable competitive products.
- Maintain open communication and work in concert with all key departments to ensure timely completion of projects and customer support issue resolution.
- Travel (approximately 25%) to industry tradeshows, conferences, and customer locations, as required to provide technical support and training and to increase knowledge of product applications (including industry workshops and poster presentations).
- Define and develop Applications Tools for the end user and channel partners: Workshops/Posters, Application Notes, Journal articles, presentations, webinars.
- Work with KOLs (Key opinion leaders) to maintain X-Cite brand recognition through webinars, Journal articles, Application Notes and industry presence.
- Work with Marketing to define, deliver and maintain appropriate product collateral content (web, presentations, print).
- Work with Marketing Communications to plan and execute product launches.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing teams to develop and maintain key industry partnerships and customer satisfaction.
- Work with Technical Support team and Orders to provide best-in-class customer service and support.
- 7+ years of Product Management experience, preferably in the medical lighting, microscopy or a related industry.
- University level Degree or Diploma from a recognized educational institution in Business or a technical field.
- An MBA is highly desired.
- Practical understanding of Salesforce CRM Software, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe Products, Internet
- Highly adaptable to change.
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence; Strong business analysis skills.
- Strong ability to work independently, maintaining a high level of self-motivation and discipline.
- Excellent organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- A proactive team player, possessing solid technical knowledge and related market/product experiences.
- High technical aptitude.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers and channel partners.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills; ability to identify problem, possible solutions and implementation plan.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.