MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are presently looking for a Cost Accountant / Operations Finance Analyst who will be responsible for reduction of financial waste and maximizing profits in the Lighting Business unit. Main duties include determining actual and planned manufacturing costs, scrutinizing expenses, assisting in capital expenditure requests and analysis, as well as budget/forecast preparation with the operations leadership. This position will report directly to the Finance Director for Lighting, and will be a key member of the Lighting Finance staff. This position is based at our Toronto/Mississauga ON site.
- Tracks and explains key Operations metrics including performance vs. budget and YoY-incl. Ops MOR and X-MAP support.
- Key partner in CapEx planning and reporting process including business cases / ROI.
- Creates reports to allow Site Ops Leaders to understand and explain functional spending trends vs. budget and YoY-incl. detailed review of operating supplies and maintenance spend to help ensure period expenses vs. fixed asset policy is followed.
- Ops and ERP special projects / enhancements.
- Capitalized variance analysis and cost center level variance driver commentary.
- Leads annual / semi-annual standard cost refresh for DL + OH rate updates and significant product-level variances (material, yield, routing).
- Coordinates Operations inputs for PQP (e.g. CI, Material deflation) project tracking and validates savings support for significant projects.
- Analyzes and understands variable costs of products manufactured at site as key input to general business and investment decisions.
- Operations budget inputs (e.g. costs, CapEx, DL hrs.).
- Leading role in cycle counts and annual physical inventory count.
- Possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting, or relevant experience;
- Experience in Costing in a manufacturing environment is a must;
- Have proficiency in MS Office (required);
- Have experience with SAP, Hyperion, Business Objects or similar systems (preferred);
- Key attributes for this position include:
- Detail oriented, and a passion for continuous improvement
- Ability to adapt to a fast changing environment
- Combines diligent work ethic with high intellectual curiosity;
- Thrives in a culture that encourages performance, teamwork and accountability
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)