Continuous Improvement Leader
MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are seeking a Continuous Improvement Leader who will drive, deploy and manage CI initiatives for the Mississauga site. The incumbent will partner with the site leadership team to foster ownership and buy-in of CI activities and partner with the CI-leaders of the other North American sites. The primary measure of success in this position will be the achievement of the Annual Operating Plan’s PQP savings target at the site level. Other success factors will be coordination and tracking of projects & savings and coaching & mentoring teams within the site so that over time they can become self-sufficient in their Continuous Improvement efforts.
- Deploy Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing initiatives at the site.
- Provide leadership in the areas of Six Sigma and Lean to mentor site teams to deliver results.
- Assist in developing site process improvement goals and objectives and coordinate and champion activities to meet or exceed those goals.
- Coordinate the measurement, tracking and reporting of PQP savings impact for site.
- Lead periodic site continuous improvement reviews both internally and for regional roll up.
- Train site resources in the areas of Six Sigma Green Belt and Lean implementation.
- Create contingency plans where needed to ensure achievement of site PQP targets.
- Become the “resident expert” for all Continuous Improvement activities within the site.
- Data mining and analysis for weekly FPY, scrap, PPM and on time delivery metrics.
- Perform other related duties of comparable complexity as directed.
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience including operations management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline.
- MBA preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products and Minitab.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce, in a team environment.
- Leading cross-functional and cross-level teams without direct reporting structure.
- Extensive experience in leading Six Sigma projects and Lean initiatives.
- Extensive experience in training, coaching and mentoring Six Sigma and Lean methodology.
- Certification as a Six Sigma Master Black Belt, Black Belt or Lean expert is preferred.