MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
The Level 2 Assembly Technician will be responsible for assembling and testing released products.
- Read work orders, follow all applicable company procedures, production procedures and test procedures.
- Perform immediate assembly tasks to complete the assembly of production units, including but not limited to: crimping, soldering, screwing, using adhesives, UV curing, wiring and mounting.
- Test units or sub-assemblies using test equipment, test software or test fixtures.
- Perform soldering operation as instructed by work instructions.
- Work within different work stations as required by Team Leads and/or Production Manager.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-3 years of electronics assembly experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate from a recognized educational institution in a related discipline.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to read and comprehend work instructions, assembly drawings.
- Good English verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in an ISO9001, 14001, 13485 certified, and/or FDA QSR compliant environment is an asset.