Human Resources Coordinator
MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
ENABLE your future through light.
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Our facility in Mississauga, Ontario has key positions in Sales, Marketing, Research & Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, Customer Support and other disciplines. Operating since 1984, this site specializes in the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of a broad portfolio of innovative LED and Lamp technology. The Toronto facility serves a variety of markets such as electronics, optoelectronics, digital printing, general assembly, coatings, and medical device manufacturing, as well as endoscopy, bioscience research, microscopy and instrumentation.
We are presently seeking a HR Coordinator who will be responsible for providing day-to-day HR support. This incumbent will be responsible for providing high-level administrative support and service to our employees to enable a positive and productive work environment and organization.
- Provide day-to-day employee relations support for site.
- Research and resolve benefit, time card, and HRIS questions
- Responsible for daily administrative tasks of the human resources department including filing, faxing, copying, and organizing departmental files.
- Update HRIS with any employee changes.
- Process and prepare new hire packets and onboarding materials for new employees.
- Schedule and conduct new hire orientation.
- Assist in projects, such as; HR events, employee communications and company-wide meetings.
- Assist in employee engagement initiatives.
- As well as other duties assigned by local site leadership.
- Other duties and projects as needed or requested.
- A completed University or College degree/diploma in Human Resources.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience as a coordinator or administrative role.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Strong knowledge in HR Systems (UltiPro).
- Working knowledge of HR policies, procedures and processes.
- Working knowledge of recruiting practices.
- Must possess strong organizational skills and demonstrate accurate attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must be a team player and able to get along with individuals from other groups in the organization.
- Experience working in an ISO9001, 14001, 13485 certified, and/or FDA QSR compliant environment is an asset, but not required.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Excelitas is seeking leaders and innovators to join our global team! Visit: www.excelitas.com/join-our-team