Quality Inspector (13 Month Contract)
MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
ENABLE your future through light.
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Our facility in Mississauga, Ontario has key positions in Sales, Marketing, Research & Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, Customer Support and other disciplines. Operating since 1984, this site specializes in the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of a broad portfolio of innovative LED and Lamp technology. The Toronto facility serves a variety of markets such as electronics, optoelectronics, digital printing, general assembly, coatings, and medical device manufacturing, as well as endoscopy, bioscience research, microscopy and instrumentation.
We are presently seeking an Quality Inspector (13 Month Contract) that will be responsible for inspecting incoming and line fall out parts, and report non-conforming products.
- Complete receiving inspection on incoming components and related documentation.
- Measure and test parts and products to verify conformance to drawings and/or specifications
and record inspection findings.
- Segregate nonconforming parts and products.
- Responsible for the physical control of nonconforming parts & products.
- Process parts in ERP system.
- Issue quality reports for non-conforming products where applicable including fall-out
- Participate in supplier quality performance reviews on a regular basis.
- Initiate corrective action reports for defective parts or products.
- Coordinate to receive missing information from suppliers.
- Follow all ISO (9001, 13485) and regulatory (FDA QSR) related procedures.
- Report deficiencies with documentation and processes, and suggest improvements.
- Assist Quality Department and/or Production personnel in analyzing quality problems.
- Follow safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years’ experience in quality control inspection (incoming, in-process, and outgoing) in a
- Post-secondary education (from a recognized educational institution) in Electronics, Mechanical,
or Industrial Engineering.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to work within computerized environments such as ERP and PLM.
- Ability to use test and measuring equipment such as: power supplies, multimeters, calipers,
micrometers, pin gages, microscopes, etc.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret dimensions as found on mechanical drawings.
- Ability to use CMM and optical inspection equipment is preferred.
- Knowledge of GD&T preferred.
- Understanding of SPC preferred.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills for report writing, documentation etc.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 13485, and FDA QSR compliant environment
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Excelitas is seeking leaders and innovators to join our global team! Visit: www.excelitas.com/join-our-team