Sr Optical Systems Engineer
BILLERICA, MA , UNITED STATES
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Our facility in Billerica, Massachusetts is located in the metropolitan Boston area and specializes in the design and manufacturing of advanced photonics products based on MEMS and other micro-scale optical devices. Our unique technology enables the highest system performance in the most compact and cost-effective formats in a variety of applications.
This site's Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) products are laser-based imaging tools that have transformed ophthalmic care and made notable impacts on patients in cardiology, dermatology, oncology, gastroenterology, and other medical specialties.
We are presently seeking an Sr. Optical Systems Engineer that will make vital contributions to new technology and product development for our growing range of cutting-edge optical engine products.
- Test, characterization and analysis of complex optical, electro-optic systems to support new technology and product development;
- Work closely with cross functional teams to define, test, and validate system level performance to meet the requirements of proposed products;
- Perform data analysis, compare numerical predictions and experimental results, present findings and review results and trends with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams;
- Develop, automate, and code new system tests.
- In-depth educational and/or professional experience in electro-optics related fields such as lasers, fiber optics, detectors, low noise analog electronics and digital signal processing algorithms;
- Direct experience with the design and implementation of optical interferometric systems, OCT, and/or swept-source lasers, or similar;
- Hands-on lab skills with optical equipment such as optical spectrum analyzers (OSAs), oscilloscopes, power meters, fiber optics, and data acquisition;
- Solid problem-solving methodology based on design of experiment, characterization and thorough data analysis
- Proficiency in MATLAB to support experimentation and data analysis;
- Knowledge of other high level programming languages (C/C++, C#, VB, Python) a plus;
- Self-motivated individual with ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- MS or PhD in Electrical, Mechanical or Optical Engineering;
- 4+ years relevant industry or post-doc experience
Effective January 4th, 2022, it will be mandatory for every Excelitas employee to be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemption requests from this vaccination requirement will be considered to accommodate medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
This position requires the use of information, which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Visa sponsorship is not available for any position at Excelitas
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation