FP&A and Operations Finance Manager
MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
ENABLE your future through light.
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Our facility in Mississauga, Ontario has key positions in Sales, Marketing, Research & Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, Customer Support and other disciplines. Operating since 1984, this site specializes in the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of a broad portfolio of innovative LED and Lamp technology. The Toronto facility serves a variety of markets such as electronics, optoelectronics, digital printing, general assembly, coatings, and medical device manufacturing, as well as endoscopy, bioscience research, microscopy and instrumentation.
We are presently seeking a FP&A and Operations Finance Manager Analyst who will playing a leading role on core financial planning & analysis activities and be the Business Partner to front end (PM/GM, R&D, sales) leaders for the Toronto site. The main responsibilities for this position include month end closing activities, management reporting, forecasting, budgeting, P&L management, customer analytics, cost/pricing, NPI activity and reporting, phase gate reviews, R&D project tracking, percentage of completion analysis as well as special projects within the operations and finance organizations. This position will report directly to the Lighting Business Unit (BU) Finance Director and will be a key member of the Lighting BU Finance team.
- Acts as a key adviser to Site leadership for strategic investments and initiatives;
- Creates active partnership with Operations, Product Management, R&D, and other functions;
- Analyzes data and prepares executive summaries for operational, financial and strategic decision-making;
- Supports Product Management on customer RFQ pricing & margin performance;
- Performs R&D project analytics and investment review;
- Participates actively in Site Opearations and Finance monthly operating reviews;
- Prepares KPI variance analysis including financial bridges for the site;
- Plays a leading role in the annual budget process and five year strategic planning process;
- Scrutinizes the site P&L to assess operating margin performance and makes recommendations to improve profitability;
- Analyzes, understands and provides executive summaries using cost accounting principles including an in depth understanding of fixed vs. variable cost for general management and business cases;
- Understands and utilizes data and systems for consolidated management reporting;
- Driving the month end closing process, including delegating activities to accounting functions.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting, or relevant experience. MBA preferred;
- QAD, SAP, BI, S4/HANA and forecast tool knowledge is desired;
- Have proficiency in MS Office (required);
- Experience supporting a manufacturing organization. Government contract experience a plus;
- This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
- Key attributes for this position include:
- Strong financial and business acumen
- Ability to work cross functionally with all levels of the organization
- Be a change agent, and drive and support the organization projects
- Combines diligent work ethic with high intellectual curiosity;
- Thrives in a culture that encourages performance, teamwork and accountability
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Excelitas is seeking leaders and innovators to join our global team! Visit: www.excelitas.com/join-our-team