MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
ENABLE your future through light.
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Our facility in Mississauga, Ontario has key positions in Sales, Marketing, Research & Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, Customer Support and other disciplines. Operating since 1984, this site specializes in the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of a broad portfolio of innovative LED and Lamp technology. The Toronto facility serves a variety of markets such as electronics, optoelectronics, digital printing, general assembly, coatings, and medical device manufacturing, as well as endoscopy, bioscience research, microscopy and instrumentation.
We are presently seeking a Production Planner who will be responsible for all planning aspects related to production. This includes management of all work orders in support of on time delivery. The Production Planner acts as liaison for the Customer Service team and other internal support groups such as Supply Chain and Shipping/Receiving to coordinate the timely movement of manufacturing processes and materials.
- Monitor forecasts and inventory levels of all products and proactively adjust production plans.
- Establish and manage the production schedule to ensure the optimal usage of all available resources.
- Create and maintain up to date Production Work Orders in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system to reflect operational needs as well as production capacity.
- Collaborate with the Supply Chain team to ensure available inventory of raw goods at all times.
- Notify the Customer Service team of any impact that changes in deliveries may generate, in order to avoid or reduce disruptions in the level of service.
- Maintain and update the scheduling parameters in the ERP system, such as production forecasts, production batch sizes, etc.
- Coordinate the scheduling and releasing work orders to ensure smooth release material from the warehouse to production.
- Conduct monthly work order accounting close.
- Conducting quarterly excess and obsolescence material review.
- Developing and maintain a rolling 12-month production plan in line with forecasts.
- Analyze inventory impacts due to engineering changes and develop plans to minimize effect on production.
- Participate in improvement projects related to the relevant responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of experience as a Production Planner.
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering or equivalent.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel.
- APICS (CPIM) Certification is considered an asset.
- In-depth knowledge of forecasting and planning principles, inventory management, principles, and production scheduling principles.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills for report writing, documentation, etc.
- Autonomous, resourceful and extremely organized is a must.
- Meticulous and attentive to detail.
- Able to establish and manage priorities.
- Ability to work in a diverse workforce.
- Ability to work in fast changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience working in an ISO9001, 14001, 13485 certified, and/or FDA QSR compliant environment is an asset.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Excelitas is seeking leaders and innovators to join our global team! Visit: www.excelitas.com/join-our-team