SALEM, MA, UNITED STATES
ENABLE your future through light.
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Our facility in Salem, Massachusetts has key positions in Sales, Product Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, and other disciplines. The Salem site has 12 distinct product lines serving some of the world’s most recognizable brands in both the commercial and defense markets. Our product portfolio includes Xenon flashlamps, Xenon flashlamp systems, high-energy switching devices, high-voltage power supplies and rubidium atomic frequency standards.
We are presently seeking an Assembly Technician for D5 who is responsible for the precise painting and mechanical assembly of various metal and ceramic materials using specific painting and assembly techniques as well as custom fixtures. Secondary responsibilities will include material management including data entry into SAP, document audits, and working closely with team members to meet challenging delivery and quality targets.
- Receives assignments to perform a wide variety of the most complex, precision assembly operations which may vary from day-to-day;
- Works from and interprets schematics, assembly prints, sketches, pick lists, and routers;
- Perform document audits and work with supervision and engineers to improve documentation, process techniques, and work flow;
- Manage material both physically and in MRP computer system;
- May train production personnel in proper techniques for processing and/or assembling materials and units;
- Works independently in a safe and productive manner;
- Performs other related duties of comparable complexity as directed;
- Must have excellent dexterity to perform precision painting and assembly on small parts;
- Mechanical assembly, including tac-welding of metal and assembly under a microscope;
- Must have the ability to clearly read and interpret all work instructions and be willing and able to suggest changes to improve current practices;
- Effectively communicates with and engages all levels of the organization verbally and in writing. Works and relates well to others.
- Requires a high school diploma or equivalent and 5 years of progressively responsible assembly experience, or other equivalent training and experience;
- Preferred but not required, knowledge of high voltage electrical circuits, vacuum/pump systems, and metal to ceramic brazing;
- Allocates time and resources efficiently, focusing on ever-shifting priorities; continually seeks way to improve individual/team efficiency;
- Must be able to do precision work including painting ceramic material. An artistic background is preferred. Be able to stand and walk for up to 8 hour and ability to occasionally lift up to 30 lbs.
Effective January 4th, 2022, it will be mandatory for every Excelitas employee to be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemption requests from this vaccination requirement will be considered to accommodate medical conditions and sincerely held religious beliefs.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Visa sponsorship is not available for any position at Excelitas
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Excelitas is seeking leaders and innovators to join our global team! Visit: www.excelitas.com/join-our-team