Customer Service Representative
MISSISSAUGA, ON, CANADA
ENABLE your future through light.
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Our facility in Mississauga, Ontario has key positions in Sales, Marketing, Research & Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, Customer Support and other disciplines. Operating since 1984, this site specializes in the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of a broad portfolio of innovative LED and Lamp technology. The Toronto facility serves a variety of markets such as electronics, optoelectronics, digital printing, general assembly, coatings, and medical device manufacturing, as well as endoscopy, bioscience research, microscopy and instrumentation.
We are presently seeking a passionate Customer Service Representative who will be responsible for working with the customer service team to oversee the processing and fulfilment of customer orders, respond to customer inquiries and requests and support electronic and telephone communication effectively.
- Review and accept customer phone and online orders.
- Complete existing quotes as PO’s are received and/or create new opportunities as needed. Ensure quote and PO’s match on price, parts, quantity, shipping method and shipping terms. Ensure that automatic order confirmations are sent once order has been processed.
- Exercises independent judgment to be able to handle communications with customers as it pertains to customer orders. Resolve unusual requests and problems that may require a customized response and communicate solutions or requested information to the customer with little to minimal supervision.
- Utilize ERP/CRM systems to process orders, review open orders and adjust due dates.
- Communicate with other departments at the site (Warehouse, Finance, Technical Services, Product Management) when it comes to execution, tracking and processing orders and gathering information needed for customer requests.
- Timely and accurate entry into CRM/ERP systems regarding customer accounts i.e. internal comments/transaction comments.
- Send Proforma invoices, quotes, invoices, Commercial invoices and quality documents as needed.
- Create feedback cases for errors and positive and negative feedback.
- Ensure approvals are followed per controlled process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 years’ experience in Customer Service in a similar position within a manufacturing environment.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree from a recognized educational institution.
- Experience using and knowledge of MRP systems for order entry and customer service management.
- Salesforce and ERP (preferably QAD) experience is an asset.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Highly motivated, energetic, and a team player.
- Ability to interact with external and internal contacts in a friendly, positive manner.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Excelitas is seeking leaders and innovators to join our global team! Visit: www.excelitas.com/join-our-team