Sr Supply Chain Manager
MISSISSAUGA, ON, CANADA
ENABLE your future through light.
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Our facility in Mississauga, Ontario has key positions in Sales, Marketing, Research & Development, Engineering, Manufacturing, Customer Support and other disciplines. Operating since 1984, this site specializes in the design, development, manufacturing and marketing of a broad portfolio of innovative LED and Lamp technology. The Toronto facility serves a variety of markets such as electronics, optoelectronics, digital printing, general assembly, coatings, and medical device manufacturing, as well as endoscopy, bioscience research, microscopy and instrumentation.
We are presently seeking a Sr. Supply Chain Manager who will be responsible for procurement of commodities, supplies and services to be used by the Toronto site in relation to the R&D and Production and as directed by the Director of Operations.
- Develop, lead and execute complex procurement strategies which drive improvements and optimization.
- Build the Purchasing team into a strategic sourcing operation that provides outcome-based, effective and efficient services to acquire materials.
- Oversee operational excellence and integrity by establishing goals and objectives to promote optimum effectiveness and ensure implementation of appropriate policies and practices that meet Corporate and the site goals and objectives.
- Develop a secure network of global suppliers.
- Provide forecast data with key supplier partners to ensure the sites manufacturing requirements have visibility within the suppliers’ organization.
- Look for opportunities across the enterprise to outsource or sub-contract functions/activities to drive value out of the supply chain and leverage existing supplier relationships.
- Evaluate current and future domestic and global suppliers and other vendors for supply continuity and future growth opportunities.
- Lead and be accountable for the Purchasing and Warehouse team in its day to day activities.
- Lead, motivate and retain a team of high performing employees that are capable of delivering results.
- Coach, mentor and initiate training of employees to guide their professional development.
- Lead the implementation of opportunities to increase the productivity of the Purchasing team and improve project outcomes.
- Delegate responsibilities of product returns of all components used in the manufacture of products produced and sold by the company.
- Oversee the Warehouse manager to ensure activities such as inventory accuracy programs, inbound and outbound, freight carrier contract negotiations and all customs and traffic legislative requirements are meeting the needs of the business and local provincial laws.
- Oversee complex and critical purchases for the site.
- Oversee the supplier selection and negotiation process with a view to achieving total cost, service and quality improvements on an ongoing basis.
- Measure and track performance; lead the development and delivery of analytics to support effective target setting, cost management; savings and procurement strategies.
- Manage conflicting priorities to deliver the highest value initiatives that support key objectives while respecting organizational capacity.
- Identify and define sourcing best-practices; partner with key stakeholders to ensure adoption.
- Work with the Quality team to define the objectives of products and services in order to ensure quality control throughout their lifecycles.
- Work with corporate, product management, and R&D to support NPI.
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies and identify improvement strategies.
- Attend team meetings to represent the site, provide expert advice, findings, and recommendations to influence decision making that have positive outcomes.
- Liaise with departments to develop specifications which facilitate acquisition of materials from reliable vendors at reasonable prices.
- Maintain an awareness of developments within the disciplines of the site to develop short and long term plans and recommend innovative strategies.
- Report on procurement KPI’s and spend data such as variance reports against monthly, quarterly and annual forecasted spend.
- Provide a consulting role in new products introduction by providing to the project team input on material cost, availability and suitability for intended purposes
- Financial metrics; contribute sourcing strategies and relationship management to reduce direct materials portion of cost of goods sold, inventory turns and days of supply
- Monitor on a monthly basis purchase price variance from standard cost
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and manufacturing planning to drive world class inventory performance.
- Conducting quarterly excess and obsolescence material review.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7-10 years’ experience in a technical purchasing environment.
- 3+ years’ experience leading and managing procurement teams with a focus on mentoring, coaching and performance management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Supply Chain Management, Business Management or a related discipline.
- Certified Professional Purchaser (C.P.P.) designation, Certified Professional in Supply Chain Management (CPSM) or registration in the education program of the Purchasing Management Association of Canada.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Must have working technical knowledge of goods and services purchased.
- Excellent communicator and demonstrates successful large project initiatives.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong business process knowledge on forecasting and planning processes
- Strong experience with Contract Manufacturing relationships in and electronics assembly
- Strong organizational and leadership skills as well as proven abilities to excel in a dynamic and growing environment.
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce in a team environment.
- Experience working in an ISO9001, 14001, 13485 certified, and/or FDA QSR compliant environment is an asset
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Excelitas is seeking leaders and innovators to join our global team! Visit: www.excelitas.com/join-our-team