Wafer Fab Engineering Mgr
BILLERICA, MA, UNITED STATES
Excelitas is a global technology leader with more than 7,500 employees, focused on delivering market-driven solutions to fulfill the illumination, optical, detection and imaging needs of OEMs and end-users across the biomedical, semiconductor, industrial, consumer products, scientific, security, defense and aerospace sectors.
ENGAGE with us today and make your contribution to the future! Join the team that leading technology companies turn to for cutting-edge photonic innovation. At Excelitas Technologies you are how we EXCEL.
Our facility in Billerica, Massachusetts is located in the metropolitan Boston area and specializes in the design and manufacturing of advanced photonics products based on MEMS and other micro-scale optical devices. Our unique technology enables the highest system performance in the most compact and cost-effective formats in a variety of applications.
This site's Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) products are laser-based imaging tools that have transformed ophthalmic care and made notable impacts on patients in cardiology, dermatology, oncology, gastroenterology, and other medical specialties.
In this role you will join our talented and dedicated wafer fabrication team in development and production of advanced Optical and MEMS devices which enable our advanced optical sources for the rapidly growing field of Optical Coherence Tomography for medical imaging and industrial sensing.
- Define, direct, and engage in engineering development of new fabrication processes to support R&D roadmap and transition to production;
- Lead and participate in engineering activities to specify, support and improve wafer fabrication processes for production including documentation, process controls, training and support;
- Implement and support an effective program for process monitoring and controls (SPC) and continuous improvements;
- Develop and qualify outside fabrication services as needed/justified for meeting roadmap and surety of supply requirements;
- Develop multi-year capital equipment roadmap for sustaining the fabrication capabilities and meeting the needs of the R&D roadmap;
- Oversee equipment maintenance personnel in the proper maintenance and optimization of production equipment;
- Provide and coordinate engineering support for the wafer fab production technicians regarding process and equipment related issues;
- Supervisory: Direct supervision of wafer fabrication engineering team.
- Detailed working knowledge of semiconductor wafer fabrication processes, including wet and dry etching, thin films, moderate scale photolithography;
- Detailed experience with experiment design, process control and SPC;
- Proven track record in program management and technical team leadership;
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment;
- Silicon MEMS processing experience desirable;
- Data management for process monitoring and statistical analysis;
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Materials Science or related field;
- 10+ years relevant industry experience in semiconductor wafer fabrication development and production.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Visa sponsorship is not available for any position at Excelitas
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Excelitas is seeking leaders and innovators to join our global team!