Coating Operations Manager
BOULDER, CO , UNITED STATES
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are seeking an Optics Operations Manager who will be the leadership of REO's coating operation. REO has one of the largest and most diverse coating operations of any optics supplier worldwide. In this role, the manager is responsible for ensuring the operational success to meet today's needs while leading their team to develop the capabilities necessary to meet REO's growth plan. Reports to the Director of Operations.
- Reporting to you in this role will be all manufacturing coating personnel including production managers, supervisors, equipment maintenance personnel, and technicians;
- One of the main deliverables of this role will be creating a culture of operational excellence. It requires the development of robust systems and a learning organization that can accomplish today's results while building a much greater long term capability;
- As a Manager of Coating Operations, developing operational excellence will specifically require driving ownership of REO's goals within your entire team be it operational, technical or other;
- Operational Excellence means developing a culture of results orientation that is not dependent on an individual's title. It will require engineers to own developing solutions for manufacturing problems and manufacturing to own developing solutions for engineering problems. It will require engineers to empower the technicians and teach them to develop and drive solutions to these problems;
- The role will have visibility throughout the organization and provide a challenging yet supportive environment to establish your brand of leadership and management style.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a Technical discipline such as physics, chemistry, materials science. Master's Degree preferred;
- 10 + years of experience at a management level or above;
- Experience in optical thin film coating production experience highly desired;
- Experience managing small teams;
- Proficient leadership, team building and conflict resolution skills;
- Proficient in data management in ERP systems, specifically M2M and SAP.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Visa sponsorship is not available for any position at Excelitas
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation