Ingénieur éléctrique R&D / Electrical Engineer R&D
VAUDREUIL-DORION, QC , CANADA
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
As a member of the technical team, the electrical engineer will participate in the development, characterization and qualification of semiconductor pulsed lasers for LIDAR and equipment necessary to perform the tests.
The electrical engineer will also contribute to the development and optimization of electronic modules for commercial, biomedical and industrial applications. This includes participation in the definition of product specifications, detailed design of analog and digital circuits, debugging and testing of products, development of test methods and test templates, as well as qualification of products. You will also be in charge of writing project schedules, resource development and planning, report writing and documentation management.
You will be part of a dynamic team that encourages creativity in concept development and values an analytical and rigorous approach to systems designs.
- Conception of analog and digital electronic circuit design;
- Design of printed circuit boards (PCB);
- Programming for the development of automated test benches;
- Programming for data backup and analysis of results;
- Generate documentation such as drawings, parts list, operations list and technical reports;
- Communicate the results of its work through reports, presentations and team discussions;
- Understand the company's documentation system, quality policy and the process of introducing new products.
- Possess a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or other related discipline;
- Possess a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Have an understanding of photon detection and / or emission technologies using semiconductor materials (an asset);
- Have knowledge of low noise amplifiers, an asset;
- Have knowledge of some programming languages (Visual Basic .NET, VHDL, Microsoft SQL, etc.);
- Have knowledge of PCB CAD software (Altium);
- Have knowledge of semiconductor packaging materials, manufacturing processes (chip assembly, wire bonding and hermetic sealing) and performance testing is an asset;
- Ability to work on different projects in parallel;
- Have excellent aptitude in French and English;
Our hiring criteria meet the requirements of the OLF.
All applicants must comply with the CGP (Controlled Goods Program).