Mechanical Engineer III
BOULDER, CO , UNITED STATES
Designs and models complex opto-electro-mechanical modules and subassemblies. Works as part of a cross-functional team to define prototype specifications and support the technical execution of prototype builds of new products. The Mechanical Design Engineer Reports to the Design Engineering Manager
- Works with customers to ensure clear understanding of new product mechanical requirements.
- Translates system-level requirements into detailed designs and specifications.
- Conducts and coordinates analyses to assess and validate product designs and processes.
- Serves in the role of Design Lead on New Product Introduction projects.
- Supports NPI Technical Lead to ensure manufacturability of new designs.
- Leads or supports design reviews and discipline-specific peer reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or closely related field. Advanced degree desirable.
- 5 years experience with mechanical design desirable.
- Proficiency with CAD software (e.g. Solidworks).
- Experience with FEA/Multiphysics desirable.
- Experience with Product Documentation Management (PDM) systems desirable.
- Experience with DFMEA desirable.
- Effective communication and organizational skills.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Visa sponsorship is not available for any positions at Excelitas
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation