Metrology Process Engineer IV
BOULDER, CO , UNITED STATES
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are presently seeking a Metrology Process Engineer to develop metrology tools and processes for successful implementation of new optical products (components and assemblies) and supports the ongoing production of optical products using process engineering skills. The Metrology Process Engineer reports to the Process Engineering Manager.
- Serves as a technical subject matter expert for optical metrology, with specific expertise in areas such as surface metrology, spectrophotometry, and laser measurement;
- Develops metrology tools and processes to enable the measurement and quality control of new products;
- Implements new optical metrology technologies into production;
- Creates and improves documentation for the measurement and quality control of optical components;
- Trains technicians on the use of tools and processes for optical metrology;
- Conducts tool and process verification studies using Gauge R&R and similar techniques;
- Supports troubleshooting of existing optical metrology equipment and processes.
- Bachelor's degree in Physics, Optics, or related field (Chemistry, EE, etc.). Advanced degree desirable;
- 5 years experience with optical metrology desirable;
- Proficiency with optical modeling software such as Zemax, Code V, FRED desirable;
- Proficiency with automation programming (e.g. LabView) desirable;
- Proficiency with Gauge R&R desirable;
- Proficiency with SPC desirable;
- Experience with structured problem-solving tools (8D, DMAIC, etc) desirable;
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Visa sponsorship is not available for any position at Excelitas
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation