BOULDER, CO , UNITED STATES
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are currently seeking a Fabrication Operations Manager who will be responsible for direction and coordination of all manufacturing activities relating to fabrication production. The primary responsibility will be the leadership of Excelitas Boulder's optical fabrication operations, as well as include working with Materials on planning and scheduling, and maintaining Efficiency and Utilization as well as Continuous Improvement. The individual will also be responsible for recruitment, training, the evaluation and development of manufacturing staff.
The individual will lead and manage the team on a daily basis to achieve site goals and overall business objectives. In this role, the manager is responsible for leading the team on a daily basis ensuring the operational success to meet today's needs while leading their team to develop the capabilities necessary to meet Boulder Site's growth plan.
Reporting to you in this role will be all manufacturing fabrication personnel including production managers, supervisors and technicians.
- Drive ownership of site specific goals within your entire team;
- Oversee successful daily execution in all manufacturing operations;
- Champion of Continuous Improvement and a safe working environment;
- Lead daily scrap reviews and strategic scrap reduction initiatives;
- Embed a culture of operational excellence utilizing Lean principles to engage and empower all levels of the workforce;
- Execute production plan in accordance with Master Production Schedule (MPS);
- Communicate all production shortfalls, quality issues, equipment issues in a timely manner;
- Reduce material and labor variances related to manufacturing;
- Provide manufacturing support to engineering;
- Provide on-going employee cross-training to insure flexibility in production scheduling;
- Administration and coordination of all training activities with the work cell / area;
- Verify / audit and ensure accuracy of work in process, routings, scrap factors and yields;
- Understand and positively impact the site's P&L through insightful management of resources and collaboration with the rest of the organization to strategically grow our business;
- Improve operational performance as measured by on time delivery, First Pass Yield, Cost of Quality, cycle time and production costs;
- Effectively manage the manufacturing resources including the people, equipment, material, building, and process knowledge that are used to make the product.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a Technical discipline such as physics, chemistry, materials science. Master's Degree preferred;
- 10 + years of experience at a management level or above;
- Experience in optical fabrication production experience highly desired;
- Experience managing small teams;
- Proficient leadership, team building and conflict resolution skills;
- Proficient in data management in ERP systems, specifically M2M and SAP.
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Visa sponsorship is not available for any position at Excelitas
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation