BOULDER, CO , UNITED STATES
Primary responsibility will be the leadership of Excelitas Boulder's optical fabrication operations. Fabrication Operations Manager is responsible for direction and coordination of all manufacturing activities relating to fabrication production. Responsibilities include working with Materials on planning and scheduling, and maintaining Efficiency and Utilization as well as Continuous Improvement.
Position is also responsible for recruitment, training, evaluation and development of manufacturing staff.
Leads and manages the team on a daily basis to achieve site goals and overall business objectives. In this role, the manager is responsible for leading the team on a daily basis ensuring the operational success to meet today's needs while leading their team to develop the capabilities necessary to meet Boulder Site's growth plan.
Reporting to you in this role will be all manufacturing fabrication personnel including production managers, supervisors and technicians.
- Drive ownership of site specific goals within your entire team.
- Oversee successful daily execution in all manufacturing operations.
- Champion of Continuous Improvement and a safe working environment.
- Lead daily scrap reviews and strategic scrap reduction initiatives
- Embed a culture of operational excellence utilizing Lean principles to engage and empower all levels of the workforce
- Execute production plan in accordance with Master Production Schedule (MPS)
- Communicate all production shortfalls, quality issues, equipment issues in a timely manner
- Reduce material and labor variances related to manufacturing
- Provide manufacturing support to engineering
- Provide on-going employee cross-training to insure flexibility in production scheduling
- Administration and coordination of all training activities with the work cell / area
- Verify / audit and ensure accuracy of work in process, routings, scrap factors and yields
- Understand and positively impact the site's P&L through insightful management of resources and collaboration with the rest of the organization to strategically grow our business.
- Improve operational performance as measured by on time delivery, First Pass Yield, Cost of Quality, cycle time and production costs.
- Effectively manage the manufacturing resources including the people, equipment, material, building, and process knowledge that are used to make the product.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business or a Technical discipline such as physics, chemistry, materials science. Master's Degree preferred.
- 10 + years of experience at a management level or above.
- Experience in optical fabrication production experience highly desired.
- Experience managing small teams
- Proficient leadership, team building and conflict resolution skills
- Proficient in data management in ERP systems, specifically M2M and SAP.
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation