Product Engineer IV
BOULDER, CO , UNITED STATES
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are presently seeking a Product Engineer who integrates assembly, fabrication, coating, and metrology technologies to provide product solutions for customers. Works with customers to define prototype specifications and oversees the technical execution of prototype builds of new products. The Product Engineer Reports to the Development Engineering Manager
- Serves in the role of Technical Lead on New Product Introduction projects;
- Responsible for specification compliance for New Product Introduction projects;
- Coordinates the development of tools and processes to enable the manufacture and test of new products;
- Works with customers to ensure clear understanding of new product requirements;
- Identifies technical risks and develops mitigation strategies;
- Conducts and coordinates analyses to assess and validate product designs and processes.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physics, Optics, or related field (e.g. Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Chemistry, or Material Science.) Advanced degree highly desirable;
- Possess five (5) years experience in optics-related field desirable;
- Proficiency with optical modeling software (e.g. Zemax, Code V, FRED) desirable;
- Proficiency with SolidWorks or other CAD software desirable;
- Experience with Product Documentation Management (PDM) systems desirable;
- Experience with DFMEA/PFMEA desirable;
- Effective communication and organizational skills;
This position requires the use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR)
Visa sponsorship is not available for any position at Excelitas
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation