MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are looking for a passionate Production Buyer who will interface with all appropriate contacts within Lumen Dynamics and with external contact. The production Buyer will be responsible for purchasing materials in a timely manner in order to ensure uninterrupted production flow based on forecast requirements and actual sales orders. To be part of the supplier selection and approval team when new or replacement services are required.
- Accumulate technical information on components, parts of processes as required, including any technical or commercial notes and exceptions to customer specifications;
- Obtain quotes for production quantities, validate, recommend/choose best option, set up parts in system once released and proceed to purchase;
- Maintain parts that are to become obsolete due to redesign;
- Obtain all quotes/parts required for special requirements;
- Track order status’ to ensure on-time delivery;
- Participate in vendor qualification process for new vendors;
- Ensure delivery of goods to preset requirement dates through continuous review of purchase orders status from selected vendors and/or parts. Maintain delivery schedules (required and promised dates) on computer purchase order system as required;
- Expedite and/or update the delivery status on other purchase orders as required;
- Monitor manufacturing stock levels and arrange for product release from established blanket purchase orders as required;
- Ensure prompt delivery of goods through follow up with transportation companies and customs brokers;
- Investigate inventory, purchasing and other related discrepancies when necessary;
- Participate in physical inventory counts as required. Assist in the investigation of cycle count discrepancies;
- Adjust inventory management and other system parameters as required to meet inventory supply levels;
- Participate in Supplier Audit Process;
- Review released BOM’s for cost reductions and resourcing opportunities;
- Supplier Performance Monitoring: monitor and report supplier performance based on KPI’s;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Possesses a minimum post-secondary education (from a recognized educational institution) in a business-related discipline;
- Possesses a minimum of three (3) years technical experience in a similar capacity;
- Possesses experience in purchasing in an ISO environment;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills for report writing, documentation etc.;
- Ability to work in a diverse workforce.
- Certified by (or enrolment in) Professional Purchaser’s Diploma Program.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.