Quality Assurance & Quality Systems Manager
MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are presently seeking a Quality Assurance & Quality Systems Manager who will provide technical guidance to the QA Staff in the analysis, testing, and deployment of all Excelitas Toronto products. The QA&QS Manager maintains ultimate responsibility for assuring that all products are defect free and compliant with technical specifications.
Quality Assurance Management
- Lead quality reviews meetings to identify quality issues, develop action plans, and ensure follow through until issues are resolved;
- Be the organizational change agent in order to improve quality methods by liaising with customers, auditors, and ensuring the execution of corrective action and compliance with customers' specifications;
- Promote quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization;
- Develop and implement quality systems for internal audits, process audits, supplier quality, lean manufacturing, cost of quality and employee empowerment;
- Develop procedures and systems to check conformance of materials by assessing the product specifications of the company and its suppliers, and comparing them with customer requirements;
- Evaluate new suppliers to ensure process capabilities meet technical requirements of specifications by working with purchasing staff to establish quality requirements from external suppliers;
- Identify and establish quality requirements for new product development process which includes the development of supplier quality plans, ensuring compliance with national and international standards;
- Conduct failure analysis on non-conforming products and processes to identify root causes and to define corrective & preventive actions;
- Identify and provide recommendations on all concerns stemming from an environmental aspects or incident;
- Initiate continuous improvements on methods and processes to achieve zero-defects and customer satisfaction through elimination of customer complaints and other field failure;
- Other duties as assigned.
Quality Systems Management
- Ensure that processes needed for the quality system are established, implemented and maintained. Ensure that the Quality Management System is documented and meet the requirements of the ISO 9001, ISO 13485 and FDA QSR standards. Develop suitable processes for the effective planning, operation and control of these processes;
- Report to top management on the performance of the quality management system and any need for improvement. Collect and collate the inputs required for Management reviews. Ensure that management reviews are conducted as planned;
- Ensure the promotion of awareness of Customer requirements throughout the organization. Provide the necessary training and awareness of the Quality Management System to personnel, including changes to processes as applicable;
- Responsible for the implementation of business process improvements, as applicable, resulting from preventive or continual improvement processes;
- Lead and manage the internal audit program, including audit planning, conducting audits and audit verification.
- Post-secondary education (from a recognized educational institution) in Engineering, Quality, or related discipline;
- 5+ years’ experience in Quality Management;
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products;
- Ability to work within computerized environments such as ERP and PLM;
- Strong analytical skills and experience with implementation and administration of Quality Assurance metrics;
- Excellent problem solving and interpersonal/communication skills;
- Must be extremely detail-oriented with respect to documentation and communication;
- Strong leadership skills that inspire team confidence and respect while motivating team members in a creative and effective manner;
- Must have a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability;
- Must be proficient in ISO quality management system standards such as ISO 9001, ISO 13485, and FDA QSR;
- Must have successfully completed an Auditor’s certification training program;
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills for report writing, documentation etc.;
- Knowledge with LEAN and Six Sigma principles;
- Ability to work in a diverse workforce;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products.
To join our team of experts, please visit the career section of our website at www.excelitas.com for more information. #LI-BG1