MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
The Software Designer is responsible for software specifications, architecture, coding and documentation for high performance illumination systems. All software design must achieve or exceed the expectations of our customers for performance and reliability. This requires that our methods and tools to design, code, debug, integrate and test embedded and PC software meets or exceeds industry best practices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- As part of the software development team, develop and refine the embedded and user interface software for our industry leading products.
- Participate in the software development cycle within a Phase-Gated new product development cycle. This includes:
- Creating system level technical specifications and system level architecture specifications
- Creating functional software specifications
- Supporting Marketing in the creation of user and functional profiles, manuals, development kits, and training materials
- Software architecture plans, including definition of all communication interfaces, technologies and protocols
- Actively participate in the design and development of embedded electronic circuitry for new products to insure smooth integration of hardware and software functionality
- Creating design documentation during the software development cycle
- Support verification of all software code through:
- Participation in independent verification of code architecture, algorithms and executable code
- Utilization of advanced code debugging and test automation tools
- Maintain and support existing products by finding solutions to reported problems, as well as the design of new feature requests.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science.
- 3+ years' experience in embedded systems design in a production development environment.
- In depth knowledge of embedded processor based code and PC Applications.
- Proven track record of success in working on Microchip & Intel Processors.
- Experience in developing Windows Programs using Visual Studio and MFC Framework.
- Excellent knowledge of I/O circuits, analog signal processing, and standard communication protocols such as RS-232, RS-485, IIC, SPI, 1-wire, USB & Ethernet (TCP/IP).
- Details focused with excellent problem solving skills in order to resolve complex technical issues and ability to design for reliability.
- Team player with the ability to work in a faced-paced multi-disciplined product development environment.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in an ISO 9001, 13485, 14001 certified and/or FDA QSR compliant environment is an asset.