Excelitas Technologies Introduces Enhanced OmniCure LX500 LED Spot UV Curing Controller and LED Heads
Upgraded OmniCure LX500 System Delivers Industry-Leading Optical Performance for LED Spot UV Curing of Medical, Electronics and Industrial Manufacturing Applications
Excelitas Technologies® Corp., a leading industrial technology manufacturer focused on delivering innovative, market-driven photonic solutions, introduces its enhanced OmniCure® LX500 Controller and V3 UV LED Heads. The upgraded LX500 Controller and V3 UV LED Heads offer industry-leading optical output and built-in calibration support for efficient, controlled and repeatable UV curing. When used together, the OmniCure LX500 UV LED Spot Curing System delivers outstanding optical stability and process control for a variety of medical, electronics and industrial manufacturing applications.
Featuring best-in-class optical performance with updated LEDs, the LX500 V3 UV LED Heads for spot curing in 365nm, 385nm, 395nm and 405nm wavelengths offer enhanced output, with up to 120% increased optical power and up to 165% increase in peak irradiance (W/cm2) compared to its predecessor MAX LED Heads. Additional features and benefits of the V3 UV LED Heads include:
- Enhanced service life: V3 Heads are more efficient and generate less heat for greater stability and longer lifetime.
- More uniform spot area: Flatter peaks offer uniform radiation across the spot cross section, delivering higher dosage and a more uniform cure with all lens options.
- Backwards compatibility: V3 Heads offer the same form factor as the MAX Heads to ensure maximum process and system compatibility with the existing LX500 setup for existing users. Standardized lenses across the wavelength range and fully compatible with LS100 Light Sensor for irradiance calibration.
The new LX500 Controller features upgraded electronics in support of the V3 UV LED Heads’ higher output and an enhanced ability to support customized wavelengths such as UVC and infrared technologies. Added features and benefits of the LX500 Controller include:
- Superior optical stability and cure repeatability: Like its predecessor, the enhanced LX500 Controller utilizes proprietary Excelitas Intelli-Lamp® LED technology and Closed-Loop Feedback. It also features precise radiometry and system calibration.
- Backwards compatibility: Accommodates use with MAX UV LED heads.
“As one of the most trusted brands in UV curing, Excelitas is committed to continually building and innovating our OmniCure UV curing brand, so we are excited to announce this latest enhancement to our LX500 UV LED Spot Curing System,” said Mike Kay, Director, Product Management Excelitas. “The upgraded LX500 Controller and V3 UV LED Heads leverage years of application experience to deliver industry-leading optical performance and built-in calibration support. This provides users with efficient, controlled and repeatable UV LED Curing spot curing to meet the demands of a range of applications – from medical devices such as catheters, cannulas, endoscopes and syringes, to electronics such as CCM, smartphones, tablets, micro-speakers, lenses, and for general purpose curing.”
For additional information about the new OmniCure LX500 Controller and V3 UV LED Heads, please visit:
# # #
About Excelitas Technologies
Excelitas Technologies® is a leading industrial technology manufacturer focused on delivering innovative, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optical, optronic, sensing, detection and imaging needs of our OEM and end-user customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, safety, security, consumer products, defense and aerospace sectors, Excelitas stands committed to enabling our customers’ success in their many various end-markets. Our team consists of more than 7,500 professionals working across North America, Europe and Asia, to serve customers worldwide.
Excelitas®, Excelitas Technologies®, OmniCure® and Intelli-Lamp® are registered trademarks of Excelitas Technologies Corp. All other products and services are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Senior Director of Global Marketing - Commercial
+1 (781) 996-5925
Cheryl Reynhout or Jill Anderson
On Behalf of Excelitas Technologies Corp.
SVM Public Relations
+1 (401) 490-9700