Thermal Infrared Sensors
Excelitas “Thermal IR Sensors” represent a wide range of Pyroelectric Detectors, Thermopile Detectors and IR sensor modules. Our leading edge IR sensing technologies are used for motion detection, presence monitoring, temperature measurement and gas detection to enable smarter homes, improved energy efficiency, better health, safer home security and a more expansive and connected IOT. In addition to our wide offering of off-the-shelf devices, we also specialize in customized solutions for your specific needs.
- Indoor Residential: motion sensors can trigger responses from a number of electronic devices such as an electronic car garage, zoned lighting, and HVAC systems.
- Outdoor Residential: motion-activated features can enhance security and safety in outdoor environments with smart alarms that can detect movement or by triggering safety lighting to illuminate driveways, pathways, and entrances.
- Kitchen: IR technologies are instrumental in improving the safety features in modern kitchens with enhanced temperature and gas sensing capabilities for greater safety and comfort inside the kitchen.
- Public Facilities: light-sensing technologies enable the use of smart lighting solutions that help conserve energy, reduce light pollution, and decrease spending on utilities.
- Commercial Spaces: offices can gain many benefits from motion detection and presence monitoring capabilities of IR-based technologies that enable sensor-controlled functionalities such as light-sensing luminaires, presence-based shut-off sequence for computer terminals, and dynamic temperature controls.
- Industrial Complexes: IR technologies in the industrial setting create more efficient processes and enhance safety with better equipment monitoring, easier data collection, and enhanced exhaust detection, resulting in a more productive workforce.