IR Light Emitting Diodes
Infrared Emitting Diodes (IREDs) are solid state light sources emitting in the near infrared part of the spectrum. The emission wavelength is closely matched to the response peak of silicon photodiodes and phototransistors. This product line provides a broad range of lens and power output options. Both top and side radiating cases are available as well as a wide range of emission beam profiles. These IREDs may be operated in either CW or pulsed operating modes.
IREDs with wavelengths 770 nm, 870 nm 880 nm, 940 nm, and 950 nm are offered for applications like smoke detection, encoders, transmissive and reflective optoswitches.
Why should you choose Excelitas as your Infrared Light Emitting Diode Solutions provider?
Excelitas is a leading provider of infrared light emitter products designed to fulfill your performance requirements in machine-to-machine (M2M) environments, the internet of things (IoT), and other applications. As a go-to manufacturer of versatile infrared LEDs for our OEM customers, trust Excelitas to deliver unmatched performance and reliability, meeting your target specifications for seamless integration with your production processes.
What are IR Diode Solutions used for?
An infrared diode is a light source that emits light in the near-infrared (NIR) spectrum. Thanks to its ability to emit light over a narrow bandwidth, it can be used as a reliable, ideal light source in many applications. For instance, it can be combined with phototransistors and detectors within integrated assemblies to produce optical switches, retro sensors, optoisolators, and other sensing systems.
What types of Infrared LEDs do you offer?
The IR diode solutions offered by Excelitas come with varying peak wavelengths, beam angle width, packaging, reverse voltage and current, response time, junction capacitance, and peak forward current, among others. Our product line of infrared light emitter products consists of diodes at the following wavelengths:
- 880 nm IR Light Emitter Diodes – our 880 nm infrared diode series consists of three standard chips packaged in nine different products, offering a wide range of options in terms of lens, mounting, and power output equipment. These packages include narrow and wide-angle emitters as well as side and end-radiating cases. To deliver the highest output at 880 nm, our infrared products are equipped with high-efficiency GaAIAs liquid phase epitaxial chips and are mounted P-side down to facilitate energy delivery.
- 940 nm IR Light Emitter Diodes – our 940 nm series comprises two standard chips manufactured in three different packages. As with our 880 nm series, these IR diode devices also use high-efficiency GaAs liquid-phase epitaxial chips. These chips are mounted P-side down to produce the highest output at this wavelength. Meanwhile, the metal header TO-46 is double-bonded to make the device more reliable, especially when it comes to pulse applications.
What are the applications of Infrared Light Emitting Diode Solutions?
Excelitas infrared diode solutions are famed for their efficiency. They generate minimal heat and consume low power levels while producing high light outputs. These performances make them the ideal choice for the following applications:
- Consumer coin readers
- Lottery card readers
- Position sensors
- Safety shields
- Encoders that measure speed and direction
- Printers for greater margin control
- Monitoring of paper position or stack height in copiers
Do you offer custom Infrared Light Emitting Diode solutions?
Excelitas continues to set high standards in producing high-efficiency infrared light-emitting diode solutions. Aside from our off-the-shelf offerings, we manufacture custom parts for specialized applications. We tailor our designs and specifications to your specific needs. Communicate your target specifications with us, and we will make sure to create functional and reliable solutions that match your requirements.
880nm Infrared Emitting Diodes
This Series of Infrared Emitting Diodes (IREDs) consists of three standard chips in nine different packages, providing a broad range of mounting, lens, and power output options. This series includes both end and side radiating cases, as well as narrow and wide angle emitters. All IREDs use high...Read More
940nm Infrared Emitting Diodes
The 940 nm Series of Infrared Emitting Diodes (IREDs) consists of two standard chips in three different packages. All devices use high efficiency GaAs liquid phase epitaxial chips mounted P side down for highest output at 940 nm. TO-46 devices are double bonded for increased reliability in pulse...Read More