Excelitas Technologies to Present and Display Expanding Photonics Product Portfolio at SPIE BiOS
WHO: Excelitas Technologies® Corp., a global technology leader delivering innovative, customized photonic solutions, will showcase its expanding portfolio of high-performance photonic solutions at SPIE BiOS, including products made available through the acquisition of Axsun Technologies. Excelitas will also host live demonstrations of the Axsun SS-OCT Laser and Integrated Engine products and present several BiOS technical presentations.
WHAT: Featured new products at Excelitas booth #8179 include
- iFLEX-iRIS™ CLM Lasers: The iFLEX-iRIS laser series includes a range of solid-state, high-performance lasers with low amplitude noise, ideally suited for integration into instruments that demand high performance, yet need to retain a small form factor. The innovative Closed Loop Modulation (CLM) feature allows the lasers to operate with automatic power control feedback in all modes of operation; CW, plus digital, analogue and dual-mode modulation. Unlike traditional open-loop laser modulation, there is no need for calibration reset when using iFLEX-iRIS lasers with CLM feature.
- New Axsun 1060nm High-Speed Tunable VCSEL: The new Axsun VCSEL laser architecture enables higher sweep rates, longer coherence length, bidirectional tuning, and single-mode operation in several convenient form factors and with a variety of peripheral SS-OCT system component options.
- Axsun Wideband Swept Laser Engines: Ideal for SS-OCT customers requiring the highest axial resolution, the Axsun Wideband Swept Laser Engine achieves tuning ranges beyond 140 nm for both our 1310 and 1060 nm laser platforms.
Excelitas SPIE BiOS Conference presentations include:
- Performance requirements for lasers and fibers suited for confocal microscopy and flow cell cytometry applications
Author(s): Volker Melzer, Qioptiq Photonics GmbH & Co. KG (Germany); Richard Addy, Qioptiq Photonics Ltd. (United Kingdom)
February 1, 2020, 9:40 a.m. – 10:00 a.m.
- Optical Coherence Tomography (OCT) and field emission scanning electron microscope (Fe-SEM) for the evaluation of marginal and internal adaptation of resin restorations on healthy and caries simulated dentin
Lasers in Dentistry XXVI Conference, Paper 11217-6
Authors: Marwa Abdelaziz, Univ. de Genève; Andrés F. Zuluaga, Axsun Technologies Inc.; Francisco Betancourt, Univ. de Genève; Daniel Fried, Univ. of California, San Francisco; Ivo Krejci, Tissiana Bortolotto, Univ. de Genève.
February 2, 2020, 10:50 a.m. – 11:10 a.m.
- UV-C treatment for infection prevention
Photonic Diagnosis, Monitoring, Prevention, and Treatment of Infections and Inflammatory Diseases 2020 Conference, Paper 11223-35, Author: Kavita Aswani, Excelitas
February 3, 2020, 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Achieving the ideal point spread in swept source OCT
Optical Coherence Tomography and Coherence Domain Optical Methods in Biomedicine XXIV Conference, Paper 11228-52,
Authors – Bart C. Johnson, Tim N. Ford, Seungbum Woo, Walid Atia, Axsun Technologies Inc.; Muzammil A. Arain, Tilman Schmoll, Rick A. Williams, Carl Zeiss Meditec, Inc.; Peter Whitney, Axsun Technologies Inc.
February 4, 2020, 4:45 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Excelitas will also exhibit at SPIE Photonics West booth #1149. Company experts will be on site or available by phone in advance of the conference to provide updates on its solutions.
WHEN: Exhibition: February 1 – 2, 2020
WHERE: Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA
# # #
About Excelitas Technologies
Excelitas Technologies® Corp. is a photonics technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven solutions to meet the lighting, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of our OEM customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, Excelitas stands committed to enabling our customers’ success in their end-markets. Our photonics team consists of 7,000 professionals working across North America, Europe and Asia, to serve customers worldwide. Connect with Excelitas on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Excelitas® is a registered trademark and iFLEX-iRISÔ is a trademark of Excelitas Technologies Corp. All other products and services are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Senior Director of Global Marketing - Commercial
Cheryl Reynhout or Jill Anderson
On Behalf of Excelitas Technologies Corp.
SVM Public Relations