Excelitas Technologies to Present and Highlight New Photonics Solutions at Photonics West
Excelitas Technologies® Corp., a global technology leader delivering innovative, customized photonic solutions, will display its latest high-performance photonics technologies at SPIE Photonics West, including its broad range of products made available through the recent acquisitions of Research Electro Optics (REO) and Axsun Technologies.
Excelitas’ Senior Applications Scientist, Life Sciences, Kavita Aswani will also participate in a poster presentation entitled, “Green Gap” Challenge with LEDs for Multiphoton Microscopy Systems and Medical Devices, during the Multiphoton Microscopy in the Biomedical Sciences XIX Conference.
Featured products at Excelitas’ Booth #1441, REO Booth #2041 and Axsun BIOS Booth #8345 and Photonics West Booth #345 include:
- NEW 1x64 Silicon Avalanche Photodiode (APD): Debuting at Photonics West, the 1X64 Sillicon APD is an expansion to Excelitas’ C30737 APD series, which offers high pixel count in a compact SMT package, making it suitable for next-generation LiDAR systems. When paired with Excelitas pulsed laser diode arrays, the 1x64 Silicon APD enables LiDAR systems to detect reflected light that bounces off a target in front of the vehicle. By allowing customers to use smaller optics, the 1x64 APD reduces system cost and provides better signal-to-noise ratio for longer-range detection.
- Optem® FUSION Shortwave Infrared (SWIR) Micro-Inspection Lens System: Redesigned to meet the growing need for SWIR sensors that enable the machine vision requirements essential to Industry 4.0 manufacturing, the Optem FUSION SWIR Lens System provides true polychromatic imaging performance across the key Visible (400nm - 700nm), NIR (700nm -1100nm) and SWIR (900nm - 1700nm) wavebands. The lens system leverages field-proven mechanics, flexible optics and modular interchangeability to provide a singular optical platform for a wide range of applications.
- NEW F-Theta Ronar 420mm Lens: Designed for use in 3D manufacturing, welding and semiconductor fabrication, the new F-Theta Ronar 420mm Lens is optimized for the 1/e² truncated beam diameters 14mm, 15mm and 20mm and meets highest quality standards. Its large focal length allows diverse applications in additive manufacturing, semiconductor and metalworking industries. The F-Theta Ronar 420mm Lens features a low absorption and high laser damage threshold, and a special coating optimized for wide angles to achieve an almost constant transmission over the entire scan image field.
- X-Cite Vitae™ FOI: The newly branded fiber optic illuminator is a compact LED light source designed for medical applications requiring high quality white light such as endoscopy, surgical microscopy and headlamp systems. The X-Cite Vitae FOI includes configurable components that can be quickly and easily adapted to specific customer requirements for different mechanical interfaces and electronic control.
- REO HeNe Lasers: Our reliable and user-friendly HeNe lasers feature long lifetimes due to their unique metallic laser tube design. HeNe lasers offer visible wavelengths of 543nm, 594nm, and 633nm, and NIR/IR wavelengths of 1152nm, 1523nm, and 3390nm, with power ranging from 0.5 mW to 30 mW, offering both polarized and random. REO integrated mirrors also enable unique offerings such as our dual wavelength, line tunable and stabilized HeNe laser systems. The unique metallic laser tube design of HeNe lasers enables excellent direct mechanical coupling, resulting in superior alignment and robust mechanical stability for fiber-coupled applications.
- Axsun OCT and Laser Light Engine Technology: In January 2019, Axsun Technologies joined Excelitas Technologies as the latest addition to the company’s expanding portfolio of high-performance photonics solutions. Axsun’s OCT expertise and laser light engine technology expands the range of specialty illumination and medical imaging capabilities that Excelitas offers to biomedical, scientific and industrial customers seeking single-source reliability and convenience for their end-to-end photonic systems.
Exhibition: February 5 – 7, 2019
Poster Presentation: “Green Gap” Challenge with LEDs for Multiphoton Microscopy Systems and Medical Devices, Sunday, February 3, 2019, 5:30 – 7:00 p.m., InterContinental Hotel, Grand Ballroom (3rd Floor) & InterContinental Ballroom (5th Floor)
Moscone Center, San Francisco, CA. Excelitas Booth #1441, REO Booth #2041, Axsun Booth #345.
About Excelitas Technologies
Excelitas Technologies® Corp. is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the lighting, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. From biomedical technology to research laboratory, safety and security, consumer products, semiconductor, energy and environment, industrial sensing & imaging, defense and aerospace, Excelitas Technologies is committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Excelitas Technologies acquired Qioptiq and Lumen Dynamics in 2013 and now has approximately 6,700 employees in North America, Europe and Asia, serving customers across the world. Connect with Excelitas on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Excelitas® and Optem® are registered trademarks, and X-Cite Vitae™ is a trademark of Excelitas Technologies Corp. All other products and services are either trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.