Defense and Aerospace Sensors
Excelitas has over 30 years of experience providing sensors for the accurate measurement and detection of light, heat, motion, and distance in mission-critical military and aerospace applications.
Excelitas offers a wide range of emitters and detectors for laser ranging and designating and proximity fuzing and laser warning systems, including the EXACTD series, detectors, and pulsed lasers. We also offer terminal guidance detectors for precision guided munitions and laser spot tracking, as well as emitters for target acquisition, ranging, and designation.
We address requirements with both standard (off-the-shelf) products and customer-specific designs customized to meet end-user requirements.
- Avalanche Photodiodes - made from silicon (Si) and InGaAs materials that provide higher sensitivity than standard photodiodes for extreme low-level light (LLL) detection and photon counting.
- YAG-Enhanced Photodiodes - we offer a wide range of devices that provide high speed, responsivity and quantum efficiency for photon detection between 400 to 1700 nm.
- Laser Range-Finding Detectors - composed of a comprehensive range of avalanche photodiode (APD) and high-power laser diodes for commercial range-finding applications.
- Quadrant Detectors - quadrant PIN and avalanche photodetectors that enable precise beam positioning capabilities. They come with a unique structure that allows high quantum efficiency and fast response for the detection of photons in the 400 to 1100 nm range.
- Laser Warning Detectors - Si and InGaAs photodiodes capable of photon detection from 220 nm to 1700 nm and come in a variety of sizes to meet customer sensitivity and speed requirements.
- YAG-Enhanced Quadrant Photodiodes - offer high speed, responsivity and quantum efficiency for photon detection from 400 to 1700, allowing devices to function as YAG-enhanced terminal guidance detectors for precision munitions, target acquisition, laser spot tracking and missile guidance.
- 1064nm Long-Wavelength Enhanced Si APDs - designed to have enhanced long wave response capabilities while eliminating undesirable properties using a double-diffused “reach-through” structure, allowing them to achieve quantum efficiencies of up to 40% at 1060 nm.
- Proximity Fuzing - a fuze capable of detonating explosive devices automatically when the distance to the target becomes smaller than a predetermined value, providing a sophisticated trigger mechanism for targeting planes, ships, missiles and ground forces.
- Defense electronics/optronics systems
- Smart munitions
- Safety and security
- High volume electronics