Chip-on-Board LED Arrays
Excelitas has a complete range of standard chip–on-board package designs as well as fully custom designed chip-on-board (COB) solutions. Our three main platforms, the ACULED, APOLED and CERLED allow users to select from a wide range of wavelengths, various CCT whites and high color rendering selections.
Why should you choose Excelitas as your provider of chip-on-board LED arrays?
At Excelitas, we focus on helping our customers innovate, create, and execute their light-emitting diode or LED-based lighting designs. While the energy efficiency of this system is a given, we take the time to understand the unique requirements of every solid-state lighting application. Our team of experts helps you in reaching your objectives, whatever they may be:
- Reducing power consumption
- Reducing heat output
- Meeting tight binning requirements
- Having a stable multi-year supply,
- Obtaining high color rendering index (CRI)
- Adhering to strict regulatory requirements
What kind of chip-on-board LEDs do you offer?
Excelitas’ chip on board LED product family provides excellent configuration options from our standard platforms and a complete customized design that meets your specifications. We have a LED chip solution for a broad range of applications, such as those requiring a single chip, 4-chip, 9-chip array, or even an 18-wavelength array. Specifically, our platforms include:
- CERLED: Single chip < 14mil, ceramic or FR4 Base,-3.2mm x 1.6mm, 460nm - 940nm wavelength options, no white LED option
- APOLED: Single chip, ceramic base, 3.3mm x 3.3mm, 395nm - 1050nm wavelength options, with white chip LEDs (Correlated color temperature or CCT: 2.700K - 10.000K, typical CRI: Ra - 95, R9 - 95, R13 - 93)
- ACULED: 4 up to 7 different chips, metal core base, through-hole design, integrated lens options, 395nm - 1050nm wavelength options, with white chip LEDs (Correlated color temperature or CCT: 2.700K - 10.000K, typical CRI: Ra - 95, R9 - 95, R13 - 93)
- SharpDot Point Source LEDs: Utilizes Resonant Cavity LED (RCLED) technology and features crisp clear dots and patterns ideal for a wide variety of Red Dot applications.
What is an LED chip-on-board used for?
Our LED chip-on-board solutions are ideal for many applications, including:
- Analytical instrumentation
- Dental exam lights
- High-quality lighting
- Medical illumination
- Surgery lamps
What is the quality assurance process for your LED chip-on-board solutions?
Our chip-on-board LED arrays are designed and manufactured in our state-of-the-art facilities worldwide. We follow best practices and industry standards in providing LED chip offerings to our customers, ensuring superior quality and exceptional performance in the most challenging environments.
Do you offer custom chip-on-board LED arrays?
Absolutely! Trust us to deliver customized chip-on-board LED designs. Our engineers and manufacturing experts zoom in on your needs and preferences to put your idea to work. Contact us today to discuss your requirements.
ACULED Addressable Quad Chip LED Arrays
The ACULED<sup>®</sup> platform is a chip-on-board (COB) LED package containing four separately-addressable LED chips. We offer a wide selection of standard or custom wavelengths and various CCT whites with high color rendering. The ACULED package is ideal in medical lighting applications...Read More
APOLED Single Chip LED Arrays
The APOLED model consists of a single high quality chip with excellent thermal properties and high flux. Excelitas offers custom white CCTs with high CRI values or any other wavelength die available. We guarantee minimum specifications, tight binning requirements and customized testing for our...Read More
CERLED LED Arrays
CERLED<sup>®</sup> was patented in 1979 as the world’s first Surface Mounted Device (SMD) LED. Excelitas offers an extensive range of standard CERLED products in UV, visible and infrared spectrum. In addition to offering LED products on a ceramic substrate with high thermal conductivity, the...Read More
SharpDot Point Source LEDs
Excelitas’s High Efficiency SharpDot™ Point Source LEDs are ideal for a wide variety of Red Dot applications. Utilizing Resonant Cavity LED (RCLED) technology, the SharpDot LED family features crisp, clear dots and patterns as well as high electrical to optical efficiency offering greater...Read More