Photodiodes and Arrays
Excelitas utilizes Silicon and InGaAs materials for our photodiodes to provide detection from 220 nm to 1700 nm. These devices are offered in a variety of sizes to meet customer sensitivity and speed requirements. Many different types of photodiodes are available to serve various unique applications.
Our photodiode arrays are used to generate an X-ray image by scanning an object line by line. The X-rays are converted into light through the attached scintillator crystal. The light intensity is then measured by the photodiodes. The boards are employing chip-on-board technology with optically-adapted scintillator crystals.
- Silicon PIN Photodiodes - for versatile solutions that accommodate numerous potential applications, silicon PIN photodiodes are ideal. They come with a PIN structure, which offers high quantum efficiency and fast response times in the detection of photons in the 400 nm to 1100 nm range.
- Photodiodes for Radon Detection - the VTH21 series of photodiode sensors by Excelitas provides excellent radon detection capabilities. These sensors come with a robust chip design for the optimal detection of alpha particles emitted by radioactive materials like radon gas. They also have low capacitances to be more responsive against any radiation of interest and come in two configurations, namely the 5x5mm and 10x10mm, with both offering large active areas for maximum detection of low-level radiation.
- Photodiode Arrays - Excelitas offers a wide array of standard catalog photodiode arrays that have standard pitch values ranging from 0.8mm to 2.5mm. These devices are well-suited for x-ray imaging and can be customized for more specialized applications.
- Optoelectronic Components for Smoke Detection - electro-optical smoke detector units generally comprise two components: an emitting diode and a photodiode assembly. These components enable the device to accurately detect the presence of smoke and are well-equipped to address the requirements of electro-optical smoke detectors.
- InGaAs PIN Photodiodes - providing high quantum efficiency within the 800 nm to 1700 nm range, the InGaAs PIN detectors provide high resistance for high sensitivity, low capacitance, high linearity, and excellent uniformity across the detection active area to ensure maximum performance.
- Industry Standard Si Photodiodes - this product family features Excelitas’ VTD series of planar silicon photodiodes. These come in molded plastic packages that transmit infrared signals while blocking visible light. These versatile products can be used in a wide range of applications as a replacement for competitive devices.
- Fast-Response Si Photodiodes - for applications that require an excellent response in the IR-spectral range, Excelitas’ fast-response silicon photodiodes are an ideal choice. These devices can be operated under reverse bias to achieve lower capacitance levels that ensure faster response times or in photovoltaic mode, which increases its response times and is ideal for applications where the speed of response is not critical.
- Blue-Enhanced Si Photodiodes - designed for optimum response to the visible light spectrum, this photo diode array series comprises P on N silicon planar photodiodes that can be operated variably under photovoltaic mode and a small reverse bias.
- Ambient Light Sensors - for applications that require a response similar to the human eye, then our ambient light sensors are the ideal solution. IR-filtered silicon phototransistors and IR-filtered silicon photodiodes can be used to measure ambient light intensity to trigger a response from the device.
- Electro-optical smoke detection
- X-ray scanning of luggage, cargo and food
- Non-destructive testing
- Ambient light sensing
- UV and blue light sensing
- Flame monitoring
- Light meters
- Pulse oximeters