Excelitas Technologies Displays Portfolio of Smart Sensing Solutions at SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing Symposium
SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing Symposium, Booth #1300 , Excelitas Technologies, a global provider of innovative, customized optoelectronics to OEMs seeking high-performance technology solutions, announced today that it will showcase a broad array of its detection products for demanding defense and aerospace applications at the SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing Symposium, which is taking place April 25-29th at the Orlando World Center Marriott Resort and Convention Center in Orlando, Florida.
Excelitas Technologies provides advanced optoelectronics solutions that enable the world’s most advanced smart defense systems. For the past 50 years, the company has developed the key technologies that are at the heart of today’s most advanced laser warning, laser range finding, and terminal guidance applications. As the inventor of avalanche photodiodes, Excelitas is the leading provider of photonic detector solutions for the defense industry.
Excelitas Technologies’ sensing products on display at the SPIE show will include:
- High Angular Resolution Laser Irradiance Detector (HARLIDTM) – designed for use in Laser Warning Receivers to detect and provide angle-of-arrival information for incident laser pulses from range finders and target designators and active laser E.O. systems
- LLAM Series of APD Receiver Modules – for the detection of high-speed, low-light analog signals in demanding LIDAR and laser range finding applications as well as high-speed, free-space optical communication
- Silicon and InGaAs Avalanche Photodiodes (APDs) and Arrays – high quantum efficiency for various defense applications, including LIDAR and eye-safe laser range finding
- 1060 nm NIR-Enhanced Si APDs – with high quantum efficiencies and fast response times for laser range finding, LIDAR, and YAG laser detection for target designation
- InGaAs and Si PIN Diodes – Quadrant Detectors – UV-Enhanced – high speed and responsivity for multiple applications, including terminal guidance for laser guided munitions, laser warning systems, and laser spot tracking
- Si PIN and APD Modules – InGaAs APD Modules – ultra low noise, high-speed and high transimpedence for a wide range of applications
- Si and InGaAs Pulsed Laser Diodes – for near IR applications, including eye-safe laser range finding, proximity and height of burst fuzes
- Single Photon Counting Modules (SPCMs) – for optical range-finding, quantum cryptography, astronomical observation, and more
“At Excelitas, we are extremely proud of our heritage of delivering mission-critical solutions for the most demanding defense and aerospace applications,” said Doug Benner, senior vice president and general manager of Excelitas’ defense business. “We remain committed to our mission of engaging with our customers to provide solutions that enable the world’s most advanced smart defense systems, keeping our troops safe on the ground, in the water and in the air.”
Excelitas Technologies will exhibit at booth number 1300 in the Cypress hall of the Orlando World Center Marriott Resort and Convention Center during SPIE Defense, Security, and Sensing 2011.
About Excelitas Technologies
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, customized solutions to meet the illumination, detection and other high-performance technology needs of OEM customers. From medical lighting to analytical instrumentation, clinical diagnostics, industrial, safety and security, and aerospace and defense applications, Excelitas Technologies is committed to enabling our customers' success in their specialty end-markets. Excelitas Technologies has approximately 3,000 employees in North America, Europe and Asia, serving customers across the world. The company was previously the Illumination and Detection Solutions (IDS) business unit of PerkinElmer, and is now owned by Veritas Capital.