MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are presently seeking a Production Supervisor who will who will be responsible for managing people and resources in order to meet production goals, quality objectives, and cost objectives.
- Assist Production Manager with scheduling and prioritizing daily/weekly/monthly production plans.
- Work with Production Manager, Team Leads, and Planners to organize human and material resources in order to meet customer requirements, including all levels of technicians and team leaders.
- Provide regular feedback to Production Manager on team members’ performance; write and deliver performance reviews with direct reports.
- Provide training on specific tasks, including process and product details.
- Participate in production meetings and maintain focus on backlog and customer deadlines.
- Convey information and feedback with quality and production issues on a daily basis.
- Open the lines of communication between management and employees.
- Work with manager to resolve employee relations issues and counsel employees if their work or attitude does not meet company expectations.
- Relay information about productivity and other issues as they arise.
- Take responsibility and ownership of their respective work areas.
- Lead by example and uphold company policies and procedures.
- Work with technical staff on process improvements and new process implementation.
- Act on Production Manager’s behalf in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment (preferably electronics manufacturing) with a minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory position.
- College or university degree in operations management or related field.
- Strong Electrical/Mechanical troubleshooting capabilities.
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Experience in manufacturing, production management, production planning, or supporting manufacturing production planning process.
- Experience in leading a team and conflict resolution.
- Electronic, Mechanical or Optical assembly experience.
- Team player who is also capable of working independently and unsupervised.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a diverse workforce.
- Ability to work in fast changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Experience working in an ISO9001, 14001, 13485 certified, and/or FDA QSR compliant environment is an asset.