Fabrication Tech I
BOULDER, CO , UNITED STATES
The purpose of this position is to fabricate optical components according to customer specifications.
Performs various optical fabrication processes including but not limited to: beveling, milling, blocking, grinding, polishing, curve generation, and inspection/measurements.
Reports to Production Manager
- Performs basic shaping process steps on simple to medium difficult parts.
- Beveling - cup and straight line
- Blocking - standard (multiple parts on same block) wax blocking, which includes ability to choose correct type of tooling
- Edging - standard edging tasks up to .001 tolerance
- Milling - standard milling tasks
- Sawing - KLE cut off type operations
- Grinding - to include continuous and double side
- May assist with pouring lap
- Inspects and cleans parts
- Basic reading and comprehension of prints for basic dimensions
- Measurement skills include: calipers, drop gauges, micrometers, comparators, measuring microscope (Z scope), spherometer
- High School Diploma or GED preferred.
- Teamwork - ability to work effectively and contribute to team
- No previous experience required
This position requires use of information which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee. Visa sponsorship is not available for any positions at Excelitas.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation