SALEM, MA , UNITED STATES
To provide product line engineering support to meet commitments to customers, achieve productivity improvement goals, and maintain a high level of quality. These activities focus on process improvement in a low volume, high mix environment that requires strong problem-solving skills.
Processes include ceramic-to-metal sealing, furnace brazing, high vacuum processing, mechanical assembly, resistance welding and high voltage testing.
Investigates process and manufacturing problems during fabrication, test, and assembly operations and initiates corrective actions
Conducts failure analyses as required, performs root cause analysis, and initiates appropriate corrective action to prevent recurrence of failures.
Recommends reductions in production cost by undertaking make/buy, value engineering studies. Improves and streamlines processes by eliminating waste and implementing cost saving ideas.
Creates and modifies work instructions as necessary to document critical to quality process characteristics and establish appropriate process controls. Trains production operators as required.
Designs a variety of tools, jigs and fixtures that will assist in increasing production efficiency.
Handles multiple projects.
Performs any and all required coordination with other operations to ensure that schedules are met, quality is maintained, and manufacturing costs are minimized.
Reviews engineering designs for manufacturing feasibility and recommends design changes that will enhance production, eliminating variation.
May train production employees in the operation of specialized equipment.
Ensures a safe work environment by monitoring accident investigation and other safety-related activities in the work area.
- Requires a B.S. degree in engineering or science with a minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/production environment.
- Proven experience in creatively solving manufacturing problems utilizing Six Sigma methodologies
- Demonstrated Lean Manufacturing training and experience in implementing practices.
- Past experience taking a "hands-on" approach to engineering.
- Working knowledge of process tracking metrics is required.
- Proactive communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong judgment and decision making skills.
- Green or Black Belt certification a plus
- Strong mechanical skills/knowledge and experience in any of the following processes is preferred:
- ceramic to metal sealing
- furnace brazing
- high vacuum processing
- mechanical assembly
- resistance welding and high voltage testing.
Visa sponsorship is not available for any position at Excelitas
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation