MISSISSAUGA, ON , CANADA
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are presently seeking a Manufacturing Engineer who will ensure that optimum manufacturing processes are used to ensure high quality manufacturing of our products. Rapid new product introduction, Bill of Materials (BOM) development and advanced testing methodologies will further ensure high quality production.
- Manufacturing Documentation Control, New Product Introduction, Manufacturing Process Development and Sustaining Product Engineering Support;
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards;
- Confers with the design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods;
- Works with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluates products according to specifications and quality standards;
- Develops testing and inspection criteria for all components manufactured for integration into products;
- Design and develop tools, fixtures and jigs to aid in assembly and provide error proofing;
- Plans, directs, and coordinates Manufacturing processes;
- Assist in analyzing work force utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency;
- Must ensure processes are developed and ready for new products as they are launched on to the production floor;
- Co-ordinates Trial Production Run for all new products;
- Develops and updates manufacturing documentation for all aspects of manufacturing and test;
- Provide training to production staff on internal manufacturing and test procedures (MAPs / ITPs);
- Validates work orders and product structure for NPI products;
- Assist in providing estimates for production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions;
- Works with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes;
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential;
- Coordinates root cause failure analysis and corrective actions as required;
- Participate in product FMEA’s;
- Work with Supply Chain Manager to maintain the Approved Parts List (APL) or (AVL) Approved Vendors List;
- Work with design engineers to select and approve alternate sources of components;
- Co-ordinate testing and approval of all supplier driven component changes, additions, deletions;
- Work with Q.A. to create procedures for test and inspection of components that require sophisticated levels of inspection;
- Write test software using PC based equipment and/or simple PLC modules to test final products as well as PCB and other opto-mechanical assemblies;
- Design and build test jigs for final products as well as PCB and other opto-mechanical assemblies;
- Support production and service staff with troubleshooting systemic or challenging issues;
- Participate in continuous improvement projects to improve design and manufacturing throughout the product lifecycle;
- Other duties as assigned.
- 5-7 years’ experience in Manufacturing Engineering in a manufacturing/production environment;
- Engineering Degree in a related discipline and/or C.E.T.;
- Practical experience in electro-mechanical final assembly;
- Experience in developing electronic PCB testing criteria and test jigs;
- Experience working with Product Life Management (PLM) software;
- Experience working with a MRP system preferably QAD;
- Experience with PC software development using Labview or Java;
- Advanced computer skills;
- Experience using 3D modeling software such as Solid Edge, Solid Works or equivalent;
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written;
- Ability to work with a diverse workforce, in a team environment;
- Must be familiar with RoHS, WEEE, ISO9000, ISO13485 (IQ, OQ, PQ), Lean Manufacturing, 5S and general product safety requirements such as CSA, UL, TUV;
- Must work well within rapid product development and launch processes, with full appreciation for the product design process and manufacturing processes currently in place;
- Experience working in an ISO9001, 14001, 13485 certified, and/or FDA QSR compliant environment is an asset.
To join our team of experts, please visit the career section of our website at www.excelitas.com for more information.