Technicien de maintenance d’équipement / Equipment Maintenance Technician
VAUDREUIL-DORION, QC , CANADA
Excelitas Technologies is a global technology leader focused on delivering innovative, high-performance, market-driven photonic solutions to meet the illumination, optronics, detection and optical technology needs of global customers. Serving a vast array of applications across biomedical, scientific, safety, security, consumer products, semiconductor, industrial manufacturing, defense and aerospace sectors, we stand committed to enabling our customers' success in their end-markets. Globally we employ over 6,700 people across sites in North America, Asia and Europe.
As manufacturers of the future, we push the limits of what is technologically possible, through international collaboration, trusted experience and a sense of purpose. At Excelitas Technologies YOU are how we Excel.
We are presently seeking an Equipment Maintenance Technician to support existing equipment and projects. You must provide complete maintenance reports to ensure continuity between shifts. You must be flexible regarding the responsibilities of the equipment you have under your responsibility.
- Follow written procedures or oral directions for preventative maintenance;
- Work on advanced electronics equipment and ability to read electronic schematics and perform complex electronics troubleshooting;
- Suggest improvements to preventive maintenance processes;
- Lead improvement projects and equipment upgrades involving external and internal resources;
- Perform complex and high risk tasks requiring judgment and decision making;
- Define priorities according to project deadlines and professional requirements with approval for major changes;
- Report difficulties, take corrective measures and receive technical assistance or provide it as appropriate;
- Analyze data, determine trends and suggest improvements regarding anomalies;
- Train, help and guide less experienced technicians.
- Possess a Diploma of Collegial studies (DEC) in Electronics, or other relevant work experience in industrial electronics;
- Ability to read and interpret designs, engineering sketches and checklists;
- Ability to utilize a variety of precision measuring instruments;
- Ability to work with minimum support and supervision;
- Ability to learn about new equipment and new technologies;
- Experience supporting manufacturing equipment;
- Experience working with vacuum equipment;
- Good manual dexterity and visual acuity;
- Comfortable working with various manual, air, or electrically operated tools and jigs;
- Capable of wearing a respirator mask to execute certain tasks;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential;
- French is required and a functional level of technical English;
- Experience in electronics equipment, semiconductor or cleanroom are assets.
Our hiring criteria meet the requirements of the OLF.
All applicants must comply with the CGP (Controlled Goods Program).